I am Bernardo, a software engineer and personal investor currently living in Madrid.
I have a engineering blog where I post occasionally and also run a Portuguese investing blog.
I have also made some open-source contributions, namely created a library to calculate FIFO capital gains, published a package to create Node-RED nodes using TypeScript and made some pull requests to other projects.
I enjoy building web applications using React and TypeScript. I am also very interested in the prospects of Rust, given its type system and guarantees. Recently, I’ve been interested in the simplicity that Kotlin brings to the Java ecosystem.
My hobbies include playing soccer, reading and investing. I also enjoy hiking and photography.
In case you are interested, you can check what I am doing now and what I have done in the past. Have fun!
- Software Development Engineer @ Amazon - Full Time Employee | September 2019 - Present
- Frontend Engineer (React, TypeScript) @ Motius - Working Student | November 2018 - March 2019
- Frontend Engineer (React, OpenLayers) @ Sonodot - Summer Internship | June - August 2018
- Cryptocurrency Trading Website (Vue.js, Node) - Freelance Work | January - June 2018
- Teaching Assistant (Algorithms and Data Structures) @ FEUP | September 2017 - January 2018
- Research on Real Time and IoT Systems (Vue.js, ContikiOS) @ CISTER - Summer Internship | August - November 2017
- Integrated Master’s in Informatics and Computing Engineering @ FEUP | September 2014 - July 2019
- Master’s in Informatics (Erasmus) @ Technische Universität München | October 2018 - March 2019
Other Interesting Activities